Searching by Course Attributes
- You can search for specific classes by going to Class Search under Self Service.
- On the Enter Search Criteria page, make sure you select the correct term in which you want to search. You then have a variety of options to find a class that fits your needs. You must fill in at least 2 criteria as well as the campus.
You can search by subject and course number, instructor name, or day/time. If you know at least part of the title of the course, you can use the keyword search to find it.
To find an online or self-paced course, select the course attribute “Instructional Delivery Method” then select the attribute value.
You can also use this field to select courses that fulfill general education requirements for the Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences. If you select the “Basic Requirements Course” attribute you use the Value drop-down box to select “Writing Requirement Course” or "Diversity Requirement Course" to find courses that fulfill the writing and diversity requirements.
Any or all of these search criteria can be combined to narrow down your results.
- The search results will be organized by Subject and Catalog number. Open class sections with available seats will have a green circle in the Status column.
You can click the link in the Section column to go to the Details page for that class.
If you are within the planning or enrollment period for a course, you can click “Select” to begin adding it to your shopping cart.
- On the Class Details page, you can see the description of a class, course information, and any notes from the department, in addition to the times the course is offered. At the bottom, can select to add the course to your shopping cart.
- Once you select the course from the search results or details page, you will be taken to the “Add classes” function. You can enter a permission number if needed, or select to be put on the wait list if the class is full. Then click “Next” to add the class to your shopping cart.
- The course will then be added to your shopping cart. From there the process is the same as typical enrollment and you should be able to add the class to your schedule.