Start storing your Advising Notes in PeopleSoft!
On Monday, August 15th, 2016, Advisors and other authorized PS Administrators can begin recording notes about their interactions with Advisees/Students directly into PeopleSoft. Because these notes will be stored in PeopleSoft, you can then reference the notes at any point from PeopleSoft.
Note: Advising Notes are currently not accessible for students due to a PeopleSoft bug that could result in FERPA violations. Oracle is working on this bug and is expecting to have a solution in place soon.
Navigation: Self Service > Advisor Center > My Advisees (then click the Advising Note icon to the right of the students’ name )
- - Assign a note Category and Subcategory to help organize your notes
- - Edits notes with a built in rich text editor
- - Choose a note Status of Open or Closed to better prepare for upcoming advising sessions
- - Upload attachments relevant to discussions/interactions with your Advisees
- - Create and store Action Items for your Advisees
- - Advisors to create notes with related comments, attachments, and action items
- - Notes stay with the student, so notes are automatically shared amongst Advisors when Student Advisors change
- - Update existing notes so as to keep a running note for an Advisee
- - Use the attachment Audit to find out who made changes to an attachment and when the changes were made
- - Utilize the My Advising Notes feature to apply filters, allowing for quick note searching
Advising Notes - Training Video